Lots and lots of milestones in Avery's 7th month... trying all sorts of new tastes like sweet potato (likes), peas (does not like), avocado (LOVES), squash (HATED her first experience, but has come to like a bit better). For her 7-month birthday we started out with blueberries in her rice cereal for breakfast and had a yummy lunch of potatoes with broccoli. Here is Avery with remnants of breakfast all over her face...
It's been fun experienting with the different tastes and textures, and Avery provides us with hilarious faces during each new experience. Sometimes she just holds the food on her tongue and sticks it waaay out so the food just drops off her tongue and onto her bib. Best invention ever: the plastic wipe-away bib! The one from Pottery Barn that we got from 'LaLa' (Adrienne's mom) is our favorite, because not only is it easy to clean, it also matches the Bumbo seat where Avery typically eats her lunch at home. Fashion matters! ;)
I am batch-cooking lots of different veggies for Avery, and love my new Babycook steamer and food processor from Grandma White! It goes great with my favorite baby cookbook, "First Meals" from Grandma Bricker. The main container both steams and purees; it's quick and efficient. Plus, the veggies just look so pretty once they are pureed... my favorites so far are the butternut squash and the potatoes with broccoli.
Avery is rolling over like crazy, but she gets really frustrated on her tummy, because she is just dying to get movin.' We know it will happen soon enough, but for now she ends up on her tummy kind of pushing herself forward and backward trying to tuck the knees up and under her body. She can turn herself on her belly to reach and grab all of her toys on her mat, and then when she gets bored of that she starts grunting and whining for someone to help her get out of her tummy situation. I remind her each time that I am not that one that put her in that position, that she got into it herself.
As I mentioned, on New Year's Day we discovered Avery's first tooth coming through. It is apparent now that the second tooth is right behind - another source of frustration for our little gal. She's taking any pain she may be experiencing like a little trooper, and really only seems to get fussy in the evenings for a bit. Baby Tylenol has done the trick so far! We've tried teething toys, but really, I think she just prefers chewing on her hands. Those little teeth are SHARP though. I think if it were me I'd prefer a teething toy. (Luckily I won't be getting any new teeth any time soon).
Here is Avery's latest vid playing in her exersaucer. Along with repetitive music from her baby boombox, you can also hear Jeff sweeping the floors and whistling in the background. :)
Happy 7-month birthday Avery (also now known as "Spike" due to her fine little blonde hairs sticking straight up on her head)! You continue to remind us what a true blessing being a parent is, and we love you more than words can say!
1 comment:
Love this post! I will have to get one of those bibs when Old Eller starts eating solids.
The video is not working for me, not sure if that's the case for everyone? Fix it so I can see the lil' cutie!
Post a Comment