background template

Monday, March 22, 2010

Playdate with the Caldwell crew and Rock'NRoll Avery

This past weekend Avery and I had a playdate in Hickory, NC with the Caldwell crew. Laura and I are friends from college - we are most famously known for being the life of the party by night and still pulling off excellent grades and Cum Laude honors by day. We called it multi-tasking. But, my have times a changed!

Laura's new little one Lela and Avery wore matching outfits (this was not planned, folks - promise) and the younger gals got lots of attention from older sis Callie. RJ was very excited about our picnic outside on the beautiful day. And what kid wouldn't be excited about his Happy Meal? Avery found a couple stray french fries and popped them in her mouth before I had a chance to say "Ronald McDonald." As I wiped the grease and salt off her fingers I caught a glimpse of the delight on her face. Yes, she loved the french fries. She also enjoyed playing with a little R2D2 toy. Jeff would have been proud.

See us in our matching outfits?

Callie piled up toys for Avery - she was in heaven!

Baby Lela

On Sunday I had to work at a magazine event, so Avery had a Daddy day. They played a lot and listened to music, and Jeff even snapped photos of Avery jammin' in an Axl Rose style bandana and her rock n roll t-shirt. Jeff did a grocery run with Avery and said it took him forever because people kept asking about Avery. He swears he didn't take her out in the QUEEN shirt and Rock 'N Roll bananda:


But, I guess I will never know!

No comments:

Contributors