background template

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Apple pickin'

This Saturday was a truly beautiful fall day. So, we hit the road and went down to Windy Hill Orchard in York, SC for a fun little apple pickin' adventure. We met up with friends George, Jenny and Sebastian there. Avery and Sebastian were very busy saying "apple" over and over again as they attempted to pick up rotten apples off the ground (ew!) and then had a blast chasing chickens from the farm. We also got lots of quality apple picking in and got to catch up with friends!

Apples in the midst...
Here we go...
"My first apple!":
"Daddy, look!":
"The bag is just my size":
"Mommy, here's another one":
Our fellow apple pickers:
Sebastian couldn't help himself... yum!:
Fast friends!:
Avery enjoying the sunshine and crisp air:

Other than the fact that I was THOROUGHLY disappointed that they didn't have apple cider doughnuts available, the trip was just perfect! I made apple dumplings tonight, maybe apple crisp tomorrow, and then I think I'll make an apple pie next weekend. I might just have to make my own apple cider doughnuts... anyone know any good recipes? Please share!

1 comment:

KW said...

Avery is the apple of my eye!

Contributors