Chapter 1: Saying Goodbye
On October 7th, I officially left my 20's behind and began my voyage into my 30's. First off, I'm a little scared, I guess I need to starting toning down my crazy, random weekends (just kidding).
I'll miss my 20's but I'm looking forward to the things that come with your 30's...like gray hair, various ailments, kids, more bills...awesome!
Actually, this blog was to address some of the fun things that happened during my 20's.
Chapter 2: Highlights
My 20th birthday was spent at Elon with my fellow Hook dorm friends...dinner in Greensboro at Chilli's and then drinks in the dorm hallway/bathroom...don't ask.
The Weddings we've (I've) been too...lets see....Joe/Kristie, Matt/Katie, Stacy/Norm, Andy/Julie, Kent/Kirsten, Tom/Jill, Will/Val, Jay/Jenn, Brian/Lynlea, Erin/Martin, Gabrielle/some dude, Heather/Matt, Elise/Jason, Dave/Kate, Sean/Carolina...There might be more...and even though we weren't there, we feel like we went to the Alexanders
Lucky to meet several family/friends who've had kids...we are happy for all of you!
Have been able to stay in touch with several friends from high school and college. Thank you Myspace & Facebook
Being a sports fan it was a good 10 years...NJ Devils, Boston Celtics and Stone Cold Steve Austin all won championships...The Chicago Bears and Atlanta Braves made it to the championship in their sports. Clemson, continues to tease me each year...I hate you!
Survived Spring Break in Key West...met my wife, attacked by ducks...
Graduated College...Elon was good to me and I finished in 4 years...my parents are proud, especially after they saw my grades 1st semester Frosh year! Sorry about that.
My first "Real" job outside of college...as miserable as it was, I have some great stories of writing workplace reports up for employees.
Bought a house...
Married...Kate, thanks for taking the plunge
My first trip to California, The Dominican Republic, France, Germany, Belgium and Mexico...I was a little worried I wouldn't survive Mexico.
Speaking of France, I was able to wander the beaches/water of Normandy...plus visit various American Military cemeteries...powerful places!
We've seen some great concerts...Aerosmith, Kid Rock, The Black Crowes, Metallica, Coheed & Cambria, Weird Al (Awesome), Tom Petty, The Avett Brothers, The Foo Fighters, Velvet Revolver, Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance
That's all I've got for now, I'll be sure to make some edits!
No comments:
Post a Comment