Last weekend we went down to Columbia to see the Alexander's. Chad and Adrienne took the three of us to the zoo Saturday morning!
Let us share with you the sights, frights and highlights from Avery's first zoo experience...
Meerkat Manor:
We got up close with a wallaby (you can kind of see him)... and a kangaroo (not pictured):
Mr. Elephant (you should have heard us trying to make elephant noises for Avery - not very impressive!):
Papa Lion licked his chops:
I always forget how amazed I feel in seeing the animals so close... I'm always in awe of giraffes and elephants... of lions and gorillas! And I got to see koalas again... some of my favorites! Who DOESN'T want to snuggle a sweet koala? They are the cutest:
Avery enjoyed seeing the animals - it's even more fun to see these creatures through the eyes of a litte one. She loved the monkeys, and even loved being close up against the glass watching the gorilla relaxing.
One thing that Avery was NOT fond of - BIRDS! She was very anxious around the birds in general, but especially the flamingos! Sure they were loud, and for some reason extremely stinky, but I wouldn't have thought that would be the thing that would frighten a child. They don't look too menacing do they?
She was less than impressed. I have to say we all were a little frightened of the giant vulture. He just looked mean! Avery held on to me tight! Even the penguins left her a little unsettled.
Here she is checking out the underwater scene:
Hello Penguins!
Not so sure about them:
Jeff and Chad fed nectar to the pretty birds in the bird sanctuary, but the gals stayed carefully outside the area! (Turns out Adrienne and I aren't super-fond of birds - especially when they can fly over you, around you, etc.)
Here is Avery practicing her walking around the zoo with her friends Chad and Adrienne:
And the typical White family photo:
Oh, BTW it was Avery's second 4th of July holiday this past weekend too!
Here is Avery celebrating the holiday with her friends Elmo (red), Lampchop (white) and Cookie Monster (blue):
1 comment:
Avery's bestie LOVES her t-shirt in these photos. Elle wants you to remind Avery that it's always more fun to wear matching clothes.
Post a Comment