We've never really been into astrology at all, but from what we've heard Avery is a true Gemini. I read a blog that said "life with a Gemini is never dull." I would say that phrase is true.
She has new two sides to her that have developed. One is an attention-seeking, and somewhat clingy side. At times Avery gets pretty clingy to Mommy... she pulls at my legs to be picked up and trapses around the kitchen with me (holding onto my pants) when I'm getting dinner together. She likes to be a part of the action and surrounded by people - just as long as Mommy and/or Daddy are close. Luckily the attention-loving side also comes with lots of cuddles. We are hoping the clingy stuff is just a phase.
The other side of Avery is this independent, spirited kid that runs away from you to do what she wants. She can be very determined and once she gets her hands on something it's HERS. She also makes GREAT messes. She can make a room a disaster area in 30 seconds flat.
Her new nickname is "Hurricane Avery." Hurricane Avery makes huge messes with her toys, runs away naked after baths and generally doesn't sit still to get herself photographed.
Hurricane Avery in action:
She uses combinations of running, falling, crawling and squirming to get away from us (especially when she is naked after bath time).
However, if you have snacks, she stays still and behaves so she can mooch:
Avery knows when she is being funny. She tries to entertain us and make us laugh. She also very-much knows when she is in trouble, and is very sensitive to a disapproving tone (even if you are yelling at the cat).
Thankfully Avery is still a great snuggler, even with her newfound independence, and we find lots of quality time to snuggle together and read books. She actually shakes her finger when we read "No more monkeys jumping on the bed" to reprimand the monkeys (and I didn't even realize I did that until she picked it up).
Avery now initiates kisses with Jeff and I - too sweet for words! Now we don't feel like we are "making" her kiss us, she actually wants to! Yippee!
She also enjoys trying to "help" with things around the house, such as unloading the dishwasher:
New word this month: "Tongue." OK, so when she when she says it it kinda sounds like "dung." But, then she sticks her tongue out and does "la-la-la-la" sounds. Other new words include "car," "hot" and "more."
We are continuing to stay busy... and life is certainly NEVER dull. I think our little Gemini will continue to keep us very very busy!
2 comments:
Lots of love to little Avery! She is a little firecracker, I can't wait to cuddle her in three weeks! Yeah!
I want to cuddle her!!! I LOVE the pic where she is posing naked with the towel behind her butt. What a ham!!!!
Post a Comment