Avery's 18-month doctor visit was today. Unlike Jeff's fantasy football stats, which he has access to at any given moment, we get very anxious to know Avery's latest "stats" and usually have to wait for her next doctor visit. I try to assess her growth with my naked eye, but it's always so hard to tell. Her pants have gotten shorter, but she hasn't grown out of them. That's about as technical as I get.
So. Here are her stats:
Avery measured in at 31 1/2" tall
Avery weighs 26 lbs
She is in the 50th percentile for both height and weight, so she is right on track. I suspected all of this, but it was nice to have it all confirmed, of course.
What I didn't know was what the doctor would find in her ears! A double infection... I had NO idea. I must have looked horribly guilty for not knowing, because the first words out of the doc's mouth were "Do NOT feel bad - you didn't know." Then she proceeded to tell me that they were both filled with puss. Ew, no one likes the word "puss."
Despite the fact that I could've SWORN she said "ear hurt" the other day (it was such a fleeting thought because I swore I made it up in my head!), she never made one peep about it or showed any sign of being uncomfortable. What a trooper. I guess I will listen up next time she tries to tell me something. Sorry, sweetie!
In other statistical news... AKA fantasy football news, Jeff and I have both been officially eliminated from our "I'd rather have a beer" league. Even with two of his players getting hurt and exiting the game, Tom nabbed a win over me this week. In a closer race, Chad and Jeff TIED in their playoff game when the Bears defense rocked it against Minnesota bringing Chad back from slightly behind. Since they tied, the tie-breaker was who was ranked a higher seed for the playoffs and with his #1 spot, Chad scooped up the win.
Final week - Chad V. Tom. We'll keep you posted on our big winner.
2 comments:
I was I was robbed.
Well, I was too. Bad call, bad call.
Post a Comment