Today is our gal's half birthday. Half birthdays have always been meaningful to me. With a birthday that falls just two days after Christmas, I've always valued my summer half birthday.
Avery seems to change by the minute. She has gotten pretty sassy, and definitely like to tell you when she is not happy. She's a girly-girl, and likes to play pretend by carrying bags around as purses and combing her hair. She even appreciates a bow in her short, blonde hair (it's finally long enough!).
One day we were out and out the neighborhood (notice the purse that she HAD TO BRING):
And Ave decided to stop and check out some leaves:
OK, we need to get on our way... (not happy):
Fine, fine, first we'll let you check out some more leaves in the trees:
Avery is a clean kid, and wants to wash her hands ALL THE TIME. She will stand by the sink looking longingly. I don't know if she just thinks the process is fun, or if she is just crazy about keeping her hands pristine. But, we all know this fad can change on any given day! One day I will probably be forcing her to wash her hands. But given the fact that Jeff and I are avid hand washers, she may just want to do what Mommy and Daddy do.
Avery has gotten into a couple TV shows, and is practically obsessed with "Mouse" as she called Mickey Mouse. She brings me the remote all the time and says "mouse?" Let's just say we keep "mouse" on DVR for emergency situations. My mom (who sidenote, we are now calling "Nana" - a name finally stuck) found my old Minnie Mouse that I got at Disney World when I was two years old, and cleaned it up for Ave. Well, Avery loves her "mimi" as she called Minnie and carries her around everywhere!
Our sweet girl still loves to eat... and has a sweet tooth for Clementines at the moment. Even with the peel on. Another trick I used to pull as a kid.
We might think she favors her Daddy's side in the looks department, but the kid is like a mini me. It's bizarre to look at your kid and see so much of yourself in them. She's a sweetheart though, and such a "lover" with her hugs, cuddles, and "I love you's." We can't help but to love her more each and every day.
Happy "18 months," Avery.
Enjoy your half birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment