background template

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Yo Daddy-o

*I apologize, as I started this blog post last weekend and never posted it.*
(Better late than never!)

Happy Father's Day to my sweet hubby.

Here is Avery painting a picture on Father's Day. I swear when we started the painting she was saying it was for Daddy, but about halfway through she decided she was going to keep it for herself.


After this masterpiece was completed, she requested that Jeff help her paint another picture ("you do it Daddy") - which is another way she secured her original masterpiece for herself. And tricked her Daddy into making his own Father's Day painting. She's good!


There is nothing like sharing a parenting journey together, and I remind myself all the time how lucky I am to have not only someone to share in this experience with, but someone so helpful, loving and caring. And, oh man, Avery loves her daddy. Awesome to watch them together. Watching Avery and Jeff roll around on the floor being goofballs (well, basically she was just jumping on top of him over and over again) before her bedtime tonight made me laugh. After he kisses her and says goodnight, closing the door behind him... she always calls him back in for "one more kiss."

Avery requested that I sing "Amazing Grace" to her not one but three times in a row tonight. I love the words to that hymn and they remind me of my great grandmother who is such a source of inspiration in my life. I know that doesn't directly relate to Father's Day, but it just reminds me where I come from and what's important. My Dad is also an amazing man and I am so thankful to have his influence, love and support in my life.

Happy Father's Day to dads everywhere! :)

No comments:

Contributors