background template

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chosen

Have you ever felt really thankful for and proud of being chosen for a special task or purpose?

I am so thankful and proud that God CHOSE us to parent one of his treasured gifts - a girl named Lucy. I'm so happy about it, that I'm almost past sad. I know that makes me sound "strong" and I'm not always "strong," but even in my weak moments I'm still thankful and proud.

It's hard to believe that today would have been Lucy's 12-week milestone. I would have been going back to work, wrapping up my maternity leave. My, my... it really hasn't been that long since she was born, but yet it seems like another lifetime ago in many ways.

I was remembering the other day a very real moment that I had with Lucy when I was still pregnant. Don't ever want to forget it. I was in my prenatal yoga class, and our instructor was reading a passage from a book. Suddenly I was overwhelmed with love. Lucy was moving like CRAZY inside my big ol' buddha belly and I felt so proud. I also felt DETERMINED to be the best Mama I could be to my baby, no matter WHAT. I was overcome with celebration of the little life growing inside of me. I took time to appreciate the miracle. (And, I know I've had two babies now, and maybe I shouldn't be so amazed... but it still BLOWS MY MIND that my body can grow a baby. Maybe it's just me, but, WHOA! Honestly blows my mind to think about. Everyday Miracles).

Talk about chosen! Every fiber of my being was chosen.
And I was up for the task; up for fulfilling my purpose.
I felt it in that moment in my bridge pose, and I feel it now.

2 comments:

yoga~joan said...

Kate ~ thank you for sharing your journey. You are a beautiful mama!

Kirsten said...

Love this post!

Contributors