I woke up Sunday morning to a beautiful, moving sky. Pops of pink clouds drifted through the bright blue sky - it looked like like cotton candy. I walked outside alone to take it in and was reminded of God’s smiling spirit and the beauty of His creation... great joy and appreciation fills my heart just thinking about it.
I am rising, rising, up, up. Sights and sounds are
indistinguishable. I have no idea what is going on or where I am, but I am
feeling comfortable with the sensation. I am floating, light as a cloud.
Content.
As I slow down I arrive in a very bright place, filled with
light coming from all angles. I wonder how that’s possible. I am blinded by the
light – it fills up every shadow, every fold of darkness. I am warm. I am happy.
Then seemingly from nowhere I see her. She running toward me arms outstretched. A little girl, blonde with ribbons and dress swinging
behind her. She runs confidently and surely at ME. As she reaches me with her
embrace, I fall to my knees and into her arms. I embrace her back. We
are inseparable. My angel, my Lucy, my daughter. I am with her. My heart is
full. This is love.
And when I woke up from that dream I knew I had just gotten my first glimpse of what a heavenly
reunion with my little girl will be like.
As we approach what I consider is another milestone in my grief process (Lucy would have been 18 months this week), I think back on this dream and seek comfort and peace. Today, Avery who is currently into Cinderella, asked when "her dreams would come true." When I asked her what her dream was she said, "That Lucy would come home with us." I have no idea how she senses these things, but it's like she just KNOWS what I am going through.
Despite the pain, I'm thanking God today for where I've been and where I'm going. I know I can continue to dream big dreams and have the highest of hopes. But most of all I know I am able to find satisfaction in a simple moment and peace in a plan and purpose that is greater than my own.
2 comments:
Such a beautiful post. It gave me chills to read and I am so happy you were visited by Lucy. What an amazing gift!
So touched by this story. Avery has an extra measure of empathy, as do you. Due to your openness in sharing your feelings of grief and joy, Lucy's memory will always be in Avery's heart.
Post a Comment