Fun facts as I hit the "6-month" mark:
- Name: Baby boy does not officially have a name. He does however have his first batman t-shirt.
- Heart rate: Baby boy had a heart rate of 151 at the last doc appt. Maybe he is hyper. Or I eat too much sugar.
- How I feel physically: I feel the same as I did with Avery's pregnancy for the most part (Lucy's felt different). Cravings, same. Weight gain, same. Uncomfortability factor, same (yet earlier). But I'm tired. I feel like I am further along than I am.
- Cravings? I love sweets. I'm trying to control myself. So much for the old wive's tales saying that "boy" pregnancy cravings like salty stuff and meat. I don't even want chocolate, just sugary candy and lemonade. Oh, and peanut butter, lots of it. (However, now that I think about it, that may not be able to be counted as a craving because I want PB all the time).
- Size? Measuring just a couple days ahead. Oh, and I gained TEN pounds between my last two appointments. YIKES.
- What's up next? I have another ultrasound scheduled on May 10th at 27 weeks. They will be checking the positioning of the placenta. It was down very low and in front at our 18-week scan so they just want to check in again to make sure it is far enough away from my cervix. If possible I will also be having them show me baby's genitals since I didn't see them at the 18-week scan and have only seen a picture. I'm still not convinced 100%, people. :)
- Movement: I can feel baby move all the time which is thrilling. It never gets old. Never. I don't care if it's in the middle of the night, it's amazing and makes me feel beyond blessed and humbled to be carrying this little life.
- Avery's favorites: tickling my belly and telling me she thinks baby is laughing. Also, ringing the "doorbell"(AKA my belly button) and saying "ding dong, baby." (Sidenote, my belly button has been an outtie for weeks now - third pregnancy and thankfully I have embraced that more gracefully this time around!).
- Jeff's favorites: Ringing my bellybutton doorbell. He's, like, 3 years old or something. Oh, wait, he taught Avery that! Also, he likes to talk about all of the music he and baby will be listening to together. I won't bore you with the specifics, but thus far only 2 bands have been "approved" by moi. :)
- Nesting activities: Going through Avery's old stuff and figuring out what to give away, let others borrow, and what to consign. Next up: Getting Avery into her big girl room! This was going to happen two years ago and yet she is still in the nursery. It is time!
- Questions, questions, questions. I have been fielding all sorts of questions from Avery about the baby. Fun ones like "Is baby brother going to help us bake cupcakes?" and really crappy ones like "Is this baby going to die?" We keep it interesting around here. Always keeping me on my toes.
- How I really feel emotionally: I'm anxious yet happy, fearful yet excited, paranoid yet peaceful, and at ease. Basically I'm a typical pregnant woman, right?
That's all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment