background template

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kiawah Island

Kate and I are heading to Kiawah on August 30th...pray that a random hurricane doesn't hit us. Speaking of which, how come we get hurricane names like Fay and Fran? Why not have some cool names like Hammer or Bob...Ok, back to Kiawah, we will be spending a week down there, catching some rays at the beach and relaxing. This is my favorite place in the world and have been vacationing there since i was very young (Mom, how old was I?). So, it's great to share it with Kate and hopefully our family down the road!

I have many a fond memory, like the time my cousin decided to ride his bike through a channel while the tide was coming in...mother nature won that battle, I'm pretty sure that bike is in the middle of the Atlantic now. Also, there was the time I was playing catch with a random neighbor, she (yes, she) threw the ball to me and nailed me in the face...my first black eye. Brad and I also used to pretend we were ninjas fighting in Double Dragon while hanging out in the ocean. Good times!

Last year, Kate and I spent the week down there doing nothing, this time around we are hoping to do some kayaking and fishing/crabbing. There will be plenty of photos posted afterwards. Here are a few from last year.






No comments:

Contributors