background template

Monday, December 7, 2009

Ain't no party like a half-year party... Avery is 6 months old!

Last Thursday Avery celebrated her half-year birthday! This is such a fun time for all of us. For those of you that don't get to see Avery very often, she is a very content, relaxed little girl. She is giggling, babbling up a storm and she LOVES fashion. It's really quite comical actually. She loves shoes, hats and bows. When I put them on her, it's as though she just KNOWS she's the little style-ista. In other news, she loves to put her feet in her mouth...


Here is Avery and her "smise" (this is in reference to a term coined by Tyra Banks - for those that know, "smise" is smiling with your eyes)...


Avery has started fake "coughing." Some of the girls in her little daycare have starting communicated with one another by fake coughing to get each others attention. Donna fake "coughs" back and they crack up. Avery also has learned how to hold her bottle by her self...

Last Friday Avery went to her 6 month well visit with Dr. Ryan. She is developmentally right where she needs to be. Dr. Ryan feels sure she will be sitting up on her own very soon, which is hard to believe! Avery is in the 10th percentile for babies her age, so she is very much on the petite side. I already feel like she is getting very heavy, so I can't imagine being one of those moms that is carrying around a 20-lb 6-month old - ha!

Friday night we celebrated her half-birthday with cupcakes from our favorite local bakery. Avery was in a fabulous mood for her celebration... I informed her that one day in the future she would be sure to enjoy cupcakes as much as I do!

Speaking of sweets, I thought it would be cute to get a picture of Avery with a candy cane. I gave it to her, turned to get the camera and within .2 seconds she had peeled back the wrapper and stuck the end of it in her mouth. Pretty sure I would be put in the "bad mom" category in some guide-to-motherhood book. But Avery's face tasting the sweet peppermint was PRICELESS!



xoxo~
Kate


1 comment:

Kirsten said...

She is growing up so fast! It seems like just yesterday we were meeting her for the first time. She is adorable, thanks for sharing so many pictures. And the candy cane story is great - you are not a bad mom!

Contributors