Can you believe it - Avery is 9 MONTHS old!
Tuesday night Avery took a bite of a banana like a big girl. I handed it to her to see what she would do, and she just chomped right into it! The girl loves to eat, and especially likes taking control. She starting to try more finger foods, yet still really enjoys purees too. She likes to help guide the spoon into her mouth.
Today we went for Avery's 9 month well visit with Dr. Ryan. She is a healthy 17 lbs 11 oz (25%), 26 inches long (15%) and, whoa she's got a big head - it's measuring in the 75th percentile! The nurse actually measured it twice to make sure... haha! She may be a shrimp-o like her mom, but we think she will be a smarty! Avery had to get her finger pricked for a blood test and had her last Hepatitis B shot. Though traumatic, she got over it quickly.
Derek, Melissa and Van came over for dinner tonight. Baby Van is 3 months old, and it was fun to see Avery and he chilling on the floor together. Avery kept wanting to grab at him, and was rolling up to him. He was kicking, kicking, kicking and Avery almost got herself kicked in the head. He is very strong! Ave was enthralled with his pajamas that had basketballs, baseballs and soccer balls on them.
Things I want to remember from month 9 with Avery: Her sweet little scrunched up nose when she smiles, the night Jeff, Avery and I were cracking up laughing in the kitchen while we got dinner together and sang silly songs, Ave and I dancing to Vampire Weekend, praying over Avery in her crib as she falls asleep, belly kisses on the changing table, the sight of Avery cuddled up napping in Jeff's arms during naptime on a Saturday, Peek-a-boo giggles.
2 comments:
I love Avery! I can't wait to see you guys in a few months! The girls are going to be fast friends!
Avery is so beautiful. Just like her mama! We hope to see you guys soon.
Post a Comment