background template

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I love you... Avery is 17 months old!

OK, so it may not be perfectly clear with the syllables all lined up right, but Avery is saying "I love you" now in a very apparent way. She repeats everything we say and follows us around watching carefully and learning. (Which can be scary to think about at times!)
She is doing wonderfully eating with her fork and spoon and we have started her using the big girl sippy cups. She will move to the big girl table with the other kids at school over the next month or so.

Avery has resorted to forward-only progress down the stairs. She gets very frustrated if you try and make her go down on her belly backwards, and despite our fears in her falling forward she has gotten really stealth at going down by scooting herself forward on her tooshie. She stops to look out the window every time she goes down the stairs. Her greatest hope is to catch one of the neighbors walking their dog, to which she proclaims "doggie, ruff, ruff, ruff!"

Avery has been very busy picking out her Christmas gifts. She LOVES looking at all of the Christmas catalogs that come this time of year...

"OMG - the latest Target catalog... let's check it out!":
"Oh Daddy, I'm really in love with this super-hero toy":
"I'm a sucker for a deal":
"I think I'll take one of each, please":
Our gal gets more opinionated every day, and is getting more and more verbal. She is learning to "jump" and "run." We are working on eating more meats and veggies as she's become a bit of a carbo-holic. I guess if that's our only complaint, well than we really can't complain at all!


No comments:

Contributors