
I probably don’t have to tell you that it’s not always easy for me to be thankful at the moment. But I have found out how thankful I can be, even in a tough time. So thankful that I try to write thank you notes but can’t find the right words... what I feel is far too great to write on a piece of paper. I'm not sure how to express what I feel - it seems more complicated. What's the proper way to say "thank you" when those words just don't seem to do it?
Over the last several months people have reached out to us in many ways. Some people we may have expected to hear from, others we did not. We appreciate you all.
You've given hugs.
You’ve dropped off meals.
You’ve sent cards.
You’ve sent emails and text messages.
You’ve listened.
You’ve offered financial support.
You’ve dropped off meals.
You’ve sent cards.
You’ve sent emails and text messages.
You’ve listened.
You’ve offered financial support.
You've shared your own stories of loss.
You’ve donated in Lucy's honor.
You’ve taken care of things for us.
You’ve sent meaningful gifts.
You’ve been there.
You’ve prayed for us. And still are.
I am teary-eyed right now as I write with feelings of gratitude. The outpouring of love we have felt from not only our friends and family... but our acquaintances, and even strangers!? It leaves me amazed and speechless.
Thankful doesn’t even describe it. It just doesn’t.
I’m getting notes about how our daughter Lucy's story has touched your lives and these stories make me smile from ear to ear. They fill me with happiness. You are giving me something to hold on to, and these stories are ones I will carry with me forever.
God is truly at work in our lives, and it’s amazing to see what He is doing. And I'm realizing that no matter how complicated the feeling might be, the words are very simple.
Thank you.
Thank YOU.
At Thanksgiving time this year, we especially want to thank the Lord for blessings that come in the form of people that care so deeply for us.
“Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.”
~ Psalm 100: 4-5
You’ve donated in Lucy's honor.
You’ve taken care of things for us.
You’ve sent meaningful gifts.
You’ve been there.
You’ve prayed for us. And still are.
I am teary-eyed right now as I write with feelings of gratitude. The outpouring of love we have felt from not only our friends and family... but our acquaintances, and even strangers!? It leaves me amazed and speechless.
Thankful doesn’t even describe it. It just doesn’t.
I’m getting notes about how our daughter Lucy's story has touched your lives and these stories make me smile from ear to ear. They fill me with happiness. You are giving me something to hold on to, and these stories are ones I will carry with me forever.
God is truly at work in our lives, and it’s amazing to see what He is doing. And I'm realizing that no matter how complicated the feeling might be, the words are very simple.
Thank you.
Thank YOU.
At Thanksgiving time this year, we especially want to thank the Lord for blessings that come in the form of people that care so deeply for us.
“Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.”
~ Psalm 100: 4-5
1 comment:
Great post, Kate. I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving. Thinking of you and Lucy. Xoxo
Post a Comment