What's that, Ma? I need a HAIRCUT?!
I had been in serious denial that Avery was in need of a haircut. Serious denial. I couldn't let go of her blonde wispy baby hair. I mean it took SO LONG to get here. But it was time.
Here are my last snapshots of her with her "crazy hair," as she patiently waited her turn at the kiddie salon:
At Pigtails and Crewcuts, they specialize in kids haircuts, and Avery just loved it. Her stylist Tiara made her feel comfortable, and Avery wasn't afraid to ask for special treats like animal crackers and lollipops during her time there. She was able to choose what "vehicle" she sat in, and of course she choose the firetruck over the taxi (who wouldn't?)
She even LOVED getting her hair dried with the blow-dryer. So cute.
And yes, the stylist smiled the entire time. I mean, love your job much? (Or maybe she's just happy to have my kid? The child next to her was NOT as patient with the haircut experience.) So sweet regardless!
After she was done, Avery got to select a prize from the treasure chest. If you know about Avery's fondness for all-things-pirate, you could probably guess just how excited she was about that part.
So excited that I never got another decent "after" picture of her hair until later on...
And just like she's becoming a southern little gal with a major bow in her hair, her Southern accent has started being more apparent in words like "Thay-er" for "there" and "Yaa-yah" for "yeah."
So, yes, Avery just got her first "Hay-er" cut!
TADA! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment