background template

Friday, June 22, 2012

Lucy Love Project : update

So, um, yeah... I am incredibly blown away. Our goal for 200 blankets was reached in TWO DAYS! I repeat - TWO DAYS. This is incredibly awesome and my heart is truly filled to the brim.

And I must apologize, for I guess I under estimated everyone. I feel like I should reprimand some of you for donating far more than the $5 I suggested (I kid, I kid). Yet, how cool is it that people have donated in honor of their children... and losses of their own... and out of the love and care for our family. Lucy only met a handful of people in her life, and unfortunately most of them were doctors and nurses. I wish she could have met all of the awesome people that love her!

I want to say thank you to those of you who have donated to the Lucy Love Project so far. What a testament to how many lives our daughter has touched. We feel so very blessed!

Since we have reached our goal for 200 baby blankets I did go ahead and bump up our goal so that people who have said they still want to donate do not get discouraged. We will do more for the hospital in Lucy's honor as long as the funds are available. We will be using additional money toward clothing (we are working on something special) for the babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery. We also have a generous donation that will support getting little hearts embroidered on the blankets! I'll share more when I have the details, but I am so excited for the blankets to have a personal touch. :)

Life is just too short to love small.
Thank you for loving BIG with us. Thank you for your generosity and support.

No comments:

Contributors