Well, our first family trip to Disney World seriously could not have gone better. The kids were great, and did really well during two VERY long days at the park. The Bricker clan has always been a get-there-when-it-opens and leave-when-it-closes kind of group, and the kids really pushed through quite well. The first day we took the ferry boat over, and we were all so excited!
Oh, and I have to explain the shirts. As you may know, my father owns a silk screen and embroidery company. When I was a kid (AKA in the 80's), he printed t-shirts for our family with three flamingos on them. He actually found the original artwork and printed them on new t-shirts for this trip. Despite our initial hesitation on wearing matching t-shirts, we embraced and were glad we did. With a group of 11 it was super easy to find one another and people actually were asking about the t-shirts constantly. See, they made us feel popular, LOL.
Here is our original posse from days of old: Erin, Mom, Meg, me, and Dad
 |
| Mickey welcomes everyone before the park opens - several of us actually got teary-eyed, and it wasn't the toddlers. :) |
 |
| Ave and Parker taking it all in! |
 |
| Me and Ave getting on the Peter Pan ride |
 |
| Erin and Miles - this kid did spectacular! And so did his mama who toted his 20-some odd pounds of cuteness EVERYWHERE! |
 |
| Meg and Alex |
 |
| Aladdin spins Avery! |
 |
| Miles B. |
 |
| The parades were by far our favorite! |
 |
| Ave insisted on taking her shirt off like the boys to play in the water. C'est la vie! |
 |
| Cutest.Picture.Ever. |
 |
| Ave going on her first roller coaster - Goofy's Barnstormer. She was terrified, and I felt terrible. |
 |
| AFTER the roller coaster: "I did it! I did it!" She was so proud! |
 |
| Tinkerbell has become Avery's FAVORITE. She lead the Disney Electrical Parade. Avery had glow bracelets on and was screaming at the top of her lungs, "Tinkerbell, LOOK! I glow like YOU!" Want to remember that excitement FOREVER. |
 |
| The trip also included lots of downtime at the POOL - hooray! |
 |
| Martin and Parker (AKA Mini-Mart) |
 |
| Avery and Jeff |
 |
| Parker on stilts! |
 |
| Ave's turn! |
 |
| The GUYS. |
 |
| Miles gets to fly high too! |
 |
| Mini-Mart #2 with his daddy. |
I have more pictures. Like, a lot more. I may add more periodically, because I can't get enough of them. Love my family, love vacations and love Disney World. Seeing Avery so excited about meeting and seeing the characters was just simply the best.
3 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! can we go back? like, tomorrow?
Best trip EVER! Love all the photos - copies, please. I wanna go back, too
Love the photos! What a gorgeous family!
Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
Have a nice day!
Post a Comment