background template

Saturday, April 13, 2013

It's a...BOY!

Boy, oh, boy! It's a BOY! Just like that, our lives change forever! :)

Last Saturday we learned that we will be welcoming a baby boy into our family. With great excitement, joy and pure fear (yep) two people who considered themselves total "girl parents" are wrapping their minds around the idea of a little man coming into our lives and stealing our hearts.

The "mystery" cake, baked by my great friend Heather!
A little nervous to find out brother or sister?
The family guesses... pretty split!

The following series of cake cutting photos crack me up... between my face and Avery's, oh my. Haha, these will make us laugh for many years. The three of us were all shocked! :)

Here we go... 
We haven't even found out yet and Avery's already got her hand over her mouth.
Can you tell I'm surprised? Haha. 
Days later, Avery was still saying, "Maybe blue means girl and pink means boy, Mommy!"
Everything about this photo makes me laugh.
There you have it - blue icing in the middle means BOY!
The ultrasound tech put photos in the sealed envelope, so here we are checking them out!
Yep, it's a boy!
Excited to start the journey as the thankful and proud parents of a little dude!


I am VERY glad we found out this time around, because I couldn't go through an entire pregnancy again making assumptions, especially since my guess was so entirely incorrect. It was fun to play the guessing game with the first two pregnancies and it was a beautiful thing to be surprised with our girls, but I knew I needed the info this time. I knew I would be insanely emotional either way after our loss and that it was better if I absorbed the news before I was looking my baby in the eyes.

As the news sinks in, I can sense God's healing and redeeming grace reaching down to touch us. This time I get to imagine my sweet boy's face. The baby boy who will complete our family in ways I can only dream of... a precious gift from heaven above.

Man, we can't wait to meet our little super-dude! Hooray!

2 comments:

Gina Darnell said...

How exciting! I love the pictures--they are priceless--and what a neat way to find out. Congratulations!! :)

Toni said...

This post gave me goosebumps and had me laughing. The pictures were priceless. Great memories for years to come! Boys are wonderful!! Congratulations!

Contributors