Avery has a new love - Dora the Explorer!
Now, every morning she's all "let's go on an adventure" and I'm all "Let me drink my coffee first... but whatcha got in mind?" Sometimes her adventure calls for a map and she insists I draw one out for her. How she follows my interesting diagrams I'll never know, but she always gets to her destination!
Love for her new Dora doll from Nana:
Consulting the map:
Playing in her Dora tent (with her trusty backpack - always an necessity):
Aside from Dora being SLIGHTLY annoying (as Jeff says, "Why does Dora always sound like she's yelling?"), I love that the show is inspiring a sense of adventure AND teaching Avery some Spanish in a comprehensive way. The other day we were talking about counting (in English) and then Avery just busted out with an "uno, dos, tres." I added "cuatro" to which she responded "cinco."
And, who knew it could be a learning point for me, too? I definitely never knew how to spell "cuatro" until I just looked it up.
Gracias, Dora!
No comments:
Post a Comment