background template

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Denver Trip 2012

Our trip to Denver in June was awesome. It was a grand reunion with our friends the Wyatt's who live in the far-off Portland, OR (remember when we visited them last spring?). We always have an amazing time with them, and I swear every time we spend time together I love them more and more. One minute I feel like we're being complete dorks, and the next we're in a deep conversation about life. It's just like that, and I like it like that.

And this time our visit was sans-kids. I hardly knew what to do with myself!!!!

Upon our arrival to Denver, we swung by the hotel to drop off bags and headed straight to Boulder. One of the first things we saw when we went into a shop was this Avett Brothers poster. I started to get really excited like - "Oh my gosh, how cool is that???!!!" And then I realized that, um, everybody knows the Avett Brothers now, right? And moving on...






We sampled some fresh brews at the Avery Brewing Company on the way out of Boulder:








That evening back in Denver we enjoyed our time going to a Colorado Rockies game!






The next morning we drove up to the town of Estes Park and up toward toward the National Park... we had brunch at a cool little local place.




Crazy to see the snow on the mountains up there... the difference of temperatures in such a short drive is amazing!

Here we are stopping off at the Stanley Hotel, waiting out the rain and exploring:







Scenes from the movie "Dumb and Dumber" were filmed there, and it is also known as the inspiration behind Stephen King's book The Shining:


The Wyatt's look quite comfy here, don't they?



It was beautiful driving out there... even thought it was a bummer that we had on and off thunderstorms.



We hit up another fun brewery back in Denver that evening... Falling Rock Tap House:


And Kirsten and I selected a wine bar for a quick glass of red:



We got a "Friends" picture on the couch (thanks a lot, Kent!)


And then dined at a fun little spot (where I actually ate the last time I was in Denver visiting my friend Amanda!)


At dinner, Kent and Kirsten introduced us to a ridiculous, hilarious and fun game where you pretend to draw each other in a very serious way (a la Leonardo painting Kate Winslet in Titanic) and come up with funny pictures. This was how Jeff drew me...


That evening we explored downtown Denver and walked through a really neat chalk drawing festival.



One the third day we ventured out to Red Rocks:




The "prom pose" shot courtesy of Jeff and I:



And Kent and Kirsten modeling another popular prom pose:



Oh, how I wish we would have seen a show at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre - it was super cool! I can only imagine how fun it would be to see a great show there!

Of course, everyone was using the step-like seating area for intense workouts while we were there. A lot of hard work and sweat, people. This crew was uber-fit... which made me feel like a completely uncoordinated dork when I fell down a small incline moments later and bruised my hand. That was NOT cool.


We finished up the day grabbing lunch at Wynkoop Brewery (actually the oldest brew pub in town)... and then had to drop off our friends at the airport to fly home.


Jeff and I spent the last evening grabbing a fun dinner together, and walked around exploring a bit more. It was a nice way to end an amazing trip.



We needed this getaway terribly.
Thank you Denver for delivering!!! There was so much we still wanted to do, so hope to be back in the future! :)

1 comment:

Cigar Heiress said...

Your trip looked so much fun! Miss you guys!

Contributors