background template

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Not fair.

Today I spent all morning feeling bad for myself. Pitying poor me. Wishing life had shaken out differently for my family. Let me be straight with you... right now I spend a lot of time feeling like life isn't fair.
Not fair, not fair, not fair.

No matter how strong I can feel, sometimes I just want to be SAD. And this morning I was feeling particularly sad and frustrated. And you know what? I'm actually "ok" with that from time to time. But I'm not ok when my feelings cross into the dangerous terrain of jealousy.

Even with embracing my sadness (and knowing it is perfectly normal), I was still feeling self-pity and wondering why me? And I was burdened with jealousy rearing it's ugly head. Then I thought about the fact that I forgot to read my little devotional today, and figured I could really use a pick-me-up.

So I opened my book up to today's date. This is what it said:

"Accept each day just as it comes to you. Do not waste your time and energy wishing for a different set of circumstances. Instead, trust Me enough to yield to My design and purposes. Remember that nothing can separate you from My loving Presence; you are Mine."

Um, I realize that this is easier said than done...
(Let's face it, I can waste a lot of time and energy even on a good day!)
But I definitely needed this reminder today.

1 comment:

Cheyenne Schultz said...

I love it when this happens - hearing from God SPECIFICALLY what I need to hear - reminds me of how real His presence is and that He is VERY much with me.

Contributors